Dr. Stephen Waithaka
- 2016: Post-doctoral research fellowship, University of South Africa (Unisa), South Africa
- 2013: PhD in Information Systems, Kenyatta University, Kenya
- 2008: MSc (Information Technology), UK
- 2005: BSc (Information Technology), UK
- 2004: CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA) academic Jomo Kenyatta University of Science and Technology, Kenya
- 2002: Microsoft certified System Engineer Institute of Advanced Technology, Kenya
- 2005: Computer Based Spectrum Management certificate course, Kenya College of Communication Technology (KCCT), Kenya.
- 1993: Certificate Course on Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Nuclear Electronics equipment, International Atomic Energy Agencies (IAEA), Vienna Austria
Currently: Coordinator of International Business Machine(IBM) Skills Training Academy
Refereed journal papers
- DM Mugo, SMA Muathe, ST Waithaka (2019). Effect of Mobile Banking Services on Financial Performance of Deposit-Taking Cooperative Societies in Kenya. Journal of Business and Technology.Vol 3.
- Waithaka Stephen Titus & Mnkandla Ernest (2017): Challenges Facing the Use of Mobile Applications for E-Commerce in Kenya’s Manufacturing Industry, The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, 83, 1, 1-25. (International Journal).
- Waithaka S. T. & Kilembwa M.J.N. (2014). Customers Perception on Prior Knowledge of Technology and its Effect on Usage of Internet Banking in Commercial Banks in Kenya, International Journal of Recent Research in Social Sciences and Humanities (IJRRSSH), 2, Issue 2, 146-156.
- Njeru, M. K., Muketha, G.M, Kamau, J.W, Wanyembi, G.W. & Waithaka, S.T. (2014). An investigation into the applicability of green IT concepts into green IS. Journal: International Journal of application or innovation in engineering & management, 3, 12, December, 2014.
- Waithaka S. T. & Kilembwa M.J.N. (2015). The Effect of Customers Perception on Security and Privacy of Internet Banking On Its Usage in Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Recent Research in Mathematics Computer Science and Information Technology, 2, 1, 219-229.
- Waithaka S. T. & Kilembwa M.J.N. (2015). The Impact of Customers Perception on Cost of Internet Banking on Its Usage in Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Recent Research in Commerce Economics and Management (IJRRCEM) 2, 2, 124-133.
- Waithaka S. T. & Kilembwa M.J.N. (2015). Customers Perception on ease of use Internet banking in Commercial banks in Kenya. International Journal of Novel Researchin Marketing and Economics, 2, 2, 2, 66-74.
- Nyoro, M., Kamau, J.W., Wanyembi, G.W., Waithaka S. T. & Dinda W.A. (2015). Review of Technology Acceptance Model usage in predicting e-commerce adoption. Journal: International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management, 4, 1.
- Njogo, M.N, Simiyu, E. & Waithaka, S.T (2017). Effect of Equity Risk Factors on the Return of Stock Portfolios of Companies Listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange in Kenya Between 2009 and 2014, Research Journal of Finance and Accounting, 8, 12.
- Waithaka S. T., Kimani T., Muathe SMA & Korir J. (2013): The Relationship between Technological Factors and Inter-Organizational Information Systems Adoption by Universities in Kenya: Journal: International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology, 1, 1, 49-61.
- Waithaka S. T, Kimani T., Muathe SMA & Korir J. (2013): Environmental Factors that influence Supply Chain Management Implementation in the Manufacturing Industries in Kenya: A Case of Manufacturing Industries in Nairobi, Kenya. ABC Journal of Advanced Research, 1, 2, 42-49.
- Waithaka S. T, Kimani T., Muathe SMA, Korir J. & Obere A. (2013). Organizational factors that influence the adoption of inter-organizational information systems by universities in Kenya, International Journal of Education and Research, 1, 8, Publisher: Elsevier.
- One University level Scholarly book: Waithaka S. T., Kimani T., Muathe SMA & Korir J. (2013): Determinants of Inter-organizational Information System Adoption, published by Scholars' Press Publishing, ISBN No. 978-3-639-70013-8.
Reviewed conference papers:
- Effect of Mobile Banking Services on Financial Performance of deposit-Taking Cooperative Societies in Kenya’, a paper presented at an international conference on entrepreneurship business and technological (ICEBUT) on 27th to 28th March, 2017, Accra, Ghana.
- Effect of Mobile Communication Services on Performance of Deposit-Taking SACCOs in Kenya (STI03-ICT-001), 3rd DeKUT international conference on science technology, innovation and entrepreneurship, 1st-3rd November, 2017, Nyeri, Kenya
Non-Reviewed conference paper
- Managing Student Unrests in the Institutions of Higher Learning’ a paper presented at the 2nd Annual Combating Education Irregularities & Examination Fraud East Africa Summit, held on 22nd -24th July 2015, at Intercontinental Hotel Nairobi, Kenya.
- Teaching methodology’ a paper presented at the 2nd Annual Combating Education Irregularities & Examination Fraud Summit, Southern Sun Hotel, OR Tambo International Airport, Johannesburg, South Africa, 14th – 16th April, 2014.
SCHOLARLY PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES/WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS
- Presented a paper in the 7th annual ICT in Higher education conference 2016 in South Africa organized by Amabhubesi conferencing and training.
- Presented a paper in the 2nd annual Combating education irregularities & examination fraud East Africa Summit on 23rd JULY 2015.
- Presented a paper in the 2nd annual Combating education irregularities & examination fraud summit in South Africa on 16th April 2014.
- 2017: Iloka Kenneth Malongo D86/CTY/31675/2015, Effect of Information Technology Integration on the Performance of Public Hospitals in Kenya.
- 2017: Alice Mwang’ombe Q141/CE/24557/12: Challenges Faced by Health Care Workers While Implementing Electronic Medical Records in Coast General Provincial Hospital Mombasa Kenya.
- 2015: Samuel Nandasaba MIT/2013/50898: Challenges Facing the Integration of Hospital Management Systems in Kenya.
- 2015: Ithelu Innocent Ndetei MIT/2013/51366: Evaluating Challenges influencing the Adoption of Cloud Computing in the Banking Industry in Kenya.
Successful Supervision of PhD students:
- Mugo David Muchangi Dd86/CTY/25327/2011, “Mobile Technology Service and Performance of Deposit Taking and Credit Cooperative Societies in Kenya”.
- Njogo Michael Njoroge D86/CTY/13744/2009, “Effect of Risk Factors on the Return of Stock Portfolios of Companies Listed at the Nairobi Security Exchange”.
Successful Supervision of Masters students:
- Kilembwa Muthengi Joseph Nzeveke D53/OL/24949/2011, “The Effect of Customers Perception on the Usage of Internet Banking in Commercial Banks in Kenya”.
- Masara K. Debra D53/CTY/Pt/23246/2011, “Influence of Mobile Applications Capabilities on the E-Commerce Adoption: A Case of Selected SME’s in Nairobi, Kenya”.
- Patrick Lau Muthoka D53/EMB/PT/23209/2011, “Impact of Mobile Banking on the Financial Performance of Commercial Banks in Kenya”.
- Josephine Chekoech D53/CTY/ PT/21625/2012, “Relationships between Management Information System Implementation Strategies and Organization Performance in National Hospital Insurance Fund”.
- Phillip Kiiru D53/CTY/PT/22137/2012, “Information Communication Technology Adoption Relationship to Employees Performance in Commercial Banks in Kenya”.
- Michael M. Nyoro MIT/2014/62897, “Evaluating the Factors Influencing E-Commerce Adoption in Industries in Kenya: A Case of Manufacturing SME’s in Nairobi, Kenya