Mr. Ojwang Dan Ochieng
School: Engineering & Technology
Department: Computing & Information Technology
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100 Nairobi
Position: Assistant Lecturer
Experienced computer professional with a history in different areas of computing and information technology with an MSc. in Electronics and Electrical systems. Vast experience in lecturing electronics, computer architecture, logic,data communication and Signal Processing. Overseen over 200 students successfully complete their final year projects (management systems).
- MSC. (Electronic & Electrical Systems)-ESIEE PARIS in collaboration with the French South African Institute of Technology (FSATI), Republic of South Africa -2011
- MTECH. (Electrical Engineering(Telecommunication Option))- Tshwane University of Technology, Republic of South Africa-2011. Dissertation Title : Power control for video transmission over wireless mesh networks Graduated with cum laude (distinction)
- BSC. (Computer Science and Engineering) - Maseno University, Kenya -2002 graduated with 2nd Class Honours (Upper Division)
- Signal processing for computer vision
- Microwave VLSI circuits
- Wireless ad hoc and sensor networks
- Trustworthy computing and networking: QOS, security, safety, predictability etc.
- Dan O. Ojwang, Elmarie Biermann and James O. Oyedapo, “Power Control for Video Transmission over Rural Wireless Mesh Network” in Proceedings of Southern Africa Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference 2009 (SATNAC 2009), 29th August – 2nd September 2009, Royal Swazi Spa, Swaziland.
- D.O. Ojwang, P.O. Adar, J.M. Okech, F.O. Aron and A. Kurien, “Dynamic Power Control for video packets in Rural Wireless Mesh Networks” in Proceedings of the Annual Strathmore University ICT Conference 2010,4th August, Strathmore University, Kenya.
- Power Control for Video Transmission over Wireless Mesh Networks- Masters Dissertation