Title/Qualifications: Doctor of Philosophy in Management of Information Systems
Dr. Stephen T. Waithaka has a Doctor of philosophy (PhD) in Information Systems from Kenyatta University, MSc in Information Technology and BSC in Information Technology both from EBS, UK. He is a Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) and a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) academy instructor. He has held positions of an academic advisor, Deputy Director and DSVOl coordinator of examinations in all centers of Kenyatta University and in the diaspora.
He has successfully supervised four (4) masters’ students who have graduated, and is currently supervising three (3) PhD students among other master students.Dr. Waithaka is currently doing a Post-doctoral research at the University of South Africa (UNISA), at the Florida campus in the school of computing. Is also a Member of the editorial board of Horizon Research Publishing (HRPUB) journal of Computer Science and Information Technology and Engineering International (EI ) journal.
1.Title: The Relationship between Technological Factors and InterOrganizational Information Systems Adoption by Universities in Kenya:Journal: International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology,Vol.2, No.11.
2.Title: Environmental Factors that influence Supply Chain Management Implementation in the Manufacturing Industries in Kenya: A Case of Manufacturing Industries in Nairobi, Kenya. Journal: ABC Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 1, No. 2/2012.
3. Title: The Relationship between Technological Factors and InterOrganizational Information Systems Adoption by Universities in Kenya. Journal: International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology (Vol.2, No. 11)
4. Title: Determinants of Inter-organizational Information System Adoption.Publisher: Scholars' Press Publishing, ISBN 978-3-639-70013-8
5. Title: An investigation into the applicability of green IT concepts into green IS.Journal: International Journal of application or innovation in engineering &
6. Title: Review of Technology Acceptance Model usage in predicting ecommerce adoption. Journal: International Journal of Application or Innovation in Engineering & Management (IJAIEM). Volume 4, Issue 1,January 2015.ISSN 2319 -4847. Web Site: www.ijaiem.Access it at: (http:/www.ijaienm.org/volume3issue12/ijaiem-2014-12-30-75.pdf)
7. Title: Customers Perception on Prior Knowledge of Technology and its Effect on Usage of Internet Banking In Commercial Banks in Kenya.Journal: International Journal of Recent Research in Social Sciences and Humanities (IJRRSSH) Vol. 2, Issue 2, pp: (146-156), Month: April 2015 -June 2015, ISSN 2349-7831. Available at:www.paperpublications.org
8. Title: The Effect of Customers Perception on Security and Privacy of Internet Banking On Its Usage in Commercial Banks in Kenya.Journal: International Journal of Recent Research in Mathematics Computer Science and Information Technology Vol. 2, Issue 1, pp: (219-229), Month: April 2015 – September 2015, ISSN 2350-1022. Available at:www.paperpublications.org
9. Title: The Impact of Customers Perception on Cost of Internet Banking on Its Usage in Commercial Banks in Kenya. Journal: International Journal of Recent Research in Commerce Economics and Management (IJRRCEM) Vol. 2,Issue 2, pp: (124-133), Month: April 2015 - June 2015, ISSN 2349-7807.
Conferences and seminars attended:
1. Publishing Scientific research seminar conducted by Splinger publishers on May 30, 2013.
2. South Africa qualification authority seminar on promoting genuine qualification at Pretoria on 24th and 25th November 2014 .Participation level: Presented a paper
3. Conference on managing examinations malpractices in Egerton University at Egertn University, Kenya from 17-19 September 2014.Participation level: Main presenter.
4. 2ND Bi-Annual Quality Assurance and Accreditation In Higher Education Conference 2014 held on 3rd, 4th & 5th September 2014at Southern Sun Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa.Participation level: Chairman of the conference
5. 2014 eLearning Innovations Conference & Expo, held on 29th - 31st July, 2014 held in Nairobi, KenyaParticipation level: Conference participant and chaired some sessions
6. Conference on Combating Education Irregularities & Examination Fraud summit in Africa 23rd – 25th July 2014, organized by Africa Mission Consortium (AMC) at Intercontinental Hotel, Kenya.Participation level: Chairman of the conference.Held on 29th - 31st July, 2014
7. 2nd annual conference on Combating Education Irregularities and Examinations Fraud Summit on 14th- 16th of April 2014 at the Southern Sun in Johannesburg, South Africa.Participation level: Presented a paper.
8. Seminar on teaching, setting and marking examinations methodology, held at Kenyatta University,Kenya on 28th to 14th November 2013.Participation level: Participant as a lecturer
9. Information ethics and literacy workshop, at Kenyatta University, Kenya. Held on 13th to 14th July2015.
10. 2nd Annual Combating Education Irregularities & Examination Fraud East Africa Summit held from 22nd – 24th July 2015, at Inter-Continental Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
Last Updated on Thursday, 13 August 2015 11:16