John M. Kandiri holds a PhD in Information Systems, an M.Sc. (Information systems) and BSc.( Information Sciences - IT major) . He is Microsoft Certified Developer (MCP). His PhD was on Technology Innovation Implementation Effectiveness. In the PhD study data was collected from seven (7) African Universities distributed in six (6) countries. He holds a certificate of Lectureship award from Strathmore University and a Certificate in Applied Research from Steadman (now Synovate Group) Group and also certificate in CASE WRITING.
He has been a member of university ICT board, e-learning board and curriculum development team in the department. Among the curriculum have been involved in development was the Microfinance Diploma ( Management of Information Systems module) currently offered by Strathmore University and whose curriculum development was sponsored by SwissContact (An NGO), and also the Strathmore University’s M.Sc. (IT) curriculum. As the departmental chair, have lead in successful review of Computer Science and Bsc. Information Technology curriculum. Also the development of departmental strategic plan. He is a curriculum developer with African Virtual University (AVU). With a team comprised of Francophone and Lusophone speakers, the current task with AVU is to come up with database management systems and advanced database systems training modules.
- Ochara,N.M. Kandiri, J., and Johnson,R. (2014) "Influence processes of implementation effectiveness in challenged information technology projects in Africa", Information Technology & People, Vol. 27 Iss: 3, pp.318 – 340. Available online on Emerald Journal Database
- Kandiri, J. ,Wawire, N.,Muganda, N. and Nzuki, D (2013), Effective Implementation of Technology Innovations in Higher Education Institutions: A Survey of Selected Projects in Africa Universities, 1ST International Conference Of The Avu 20th – 22nd Nov, 2013, Intercontinental Hotel; Nairobi, Kenya. http://www.avu.org/abstracts/effective.htm
- Kandiri, J. , andMtebe, J. (2014) Determinants of Diffusion of Technology Innovations in Higher Education Institutions in Africa: A Social Network Approach. In Mhlanga, E and Withers, J. (Eds.), Unlocking the Potential of ICT in Higher Education: Case Studies of the
Educational Technology Initiatives at African Universities, p. 18-28, South African Institute for Distance Education (Saide ), Braamfontein .
- Kandiri, J. , andMuganda, N. (2013), Determinants of Technology Innovation in Higher Education Institutions, IST-Africa, 29th – 31st May 2013
- Kandiri, J. , andMuganda, N. (2013), Determinants of Technology Innovation Implementation Effectiveness in Higher Education Institutions, IST-Africa 2013 Conference Proceedings, IIMC International Information Management Corporation, 2013
- Muganda, N and Kandiri, J. (2013), Influence Processes of Implementation Effectiveness in Challenged Information Technology Projects in Africa, Proceedings of 7th Global Business and Social Science Research Conference 13 - 14 June, 2013, Radisson Blu Hotel, Beijing, China,
- Kandiri, J. ,Wawire, N.,Muganda, N. and Nzuki, D (2013), Effective Implementation of Technology Innovations in Higher Education Institutions: A Survey of Selected Projects in Africa Universities, 1ST International Conference Of The Avu 2oth – 22nd Nov, 2013, Intercontinental
Hotel; Nairobi, Kenya. http://www.avu.org/abstracts/effective.htm
- May 2013: Accepted paper in IST-Africa 2013 Conference Proceedings, Determinants of Technology Innovation Implementation Effectiveness in Higher Education Institutions
- June 2008. Presented findings on Viability of full-time Executive MBA to one of the Universities that had commissioned a research on that area;
- 10th – 13th Dec 2007. Presented a paper of E-Government during the 1st International Conference on E-Government in Macao – China;
- 7th – 8th September 2007. Presented a paper titled Learning by Doing: Integrating Simulator-Based Learning in academic Networking Course in Higher Learning Institutions. Paper was presented during the Strathmore University’s 8th Annual ICT conference ( Theme Managing and
Measuring ICT in Business and Education)